Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Unexpected Happiness

A couple of days ago, I was having a normal day. Nothing exciting or special about it. In fact, I was quite tired and bored. But, a sudden coincidence changed my boring day to a very happy day. I had not planned it and neither was I thinking about it. It just happened.

There are times when we plan our day and nothing goes right and suddenly something happens that changes everything. It was certainly a plesant and a most welcome surprise. It wasn't even too great an event but it did definitely boost my mood.

I have seen this happen many times now to ignore it. When I plan, sometimes things work out and sometimes they don't. And when I don't plan, most of the times things that happen are really nice and make me happy. I don't know what to make of this. Wisdom says that you plan everything, whereas reality gives almost contradictory results.

I can't really stop planning but I think I shall also acquiese to not having a plan all the time. I shall keep looking forward to such moments of unexpected happiness. These moments that make you believe in destiny and fate and, at the same time doubt it. These moments make you very philosophical, even though the moment in itself has no real effect on your life. These moments put you under a completely perplexed state of euphoria, followed by doubt and fear. These moments make you feel happy about yourself and yet, kind of upset. It's weird that one can feel so many contradictory emotions in a span of a few minutes, and yet I did.
 
Though not all such moments result in such a confusing state of elation, I shall treasure these weird moments, although confusing and keep looking forward to moments of unexpected happiness.
 
I have heard it somewhere,"If you plan for something and it happens. You will be happy. If you plan for something and it doesn't happen, then you should be even happier. Why? Because, perhaps God has something better planned for you." I guess, I take a corollary of this say that these unexpected moments of happiness are God's special way of making you happy. And, for some reason, when you believe that there is a higher power at work to make you happy, you feel really good about life.

2 comments:

  1. Now you left us in suspense, we are all wondering what that surprise was..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mihir, I posted the above comment an year ago, I am still in suspense..

    ReplyDelete