Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I just didn't know...

A coffee in my hand,
I look back,
Away has it trickled,
Time, like the proverbial sand.

My first thought, I was in awe,
A flash of lightning is what I saw,
I did go to and fro,
What was I thinking?
I just didn't know. 

A twinkle in the eye,
A sweet smile, a loving word,
I thought, ahead we go,
I was wrong, I just didn't know.

Wearing a blindfold, seeking light,
Only darkness, within my sight, 
Singing a song, I plodded along,

I had just been blind all along,
No more do I seek high and low,
I was wrong, I just didn't know.

No more is the blindfold,
No more does the past have a hold,
Light is where I seek it,
All it takes is sheer grit.
Singing a song, I march along,
Now I know, I shall not be wrong.

Now I know, I shall not be wrong!







2 comments:

  1. Light is where I seek it.
    All it takes is sheer grit.

    These 2 lines sum your poem up.
    I need not say more, to screw it up!

    - A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great poem... I feel pretty much the same.. :)

    ReplyDelete