Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do......

I have tried to keep in mind this saying for as long as I can remember now...probably since I was 13-14 years old when I didn't even thoroughly understand its meaning. I think I do understand it to some extent now. I think I understand a different aspect of it as well. 

I don't think it just means that you will be successful if you are tough in one situation or one period of your life. I think it also means that once you go through one situation, you are better equipped - mentally and emotionally, to keep going and face whatever challenges come next. 

I have complained in the not so very distant past about how my life was progressing. I was not too wrong in doing so, I think. Now, it seems like I have an opportunity to form a new path for myself. Even though I think it was tough before, it is even tougher now. However, now it is not as daunting as it might have been before. Now, it feels like a challenge, a challenge to my very being. Facing the challenge comes naturally now, with less of the worries of the 'ifs' and the 'buts' and the 'whethers' but more of 'How can I?' and 'What can I?' and 'When can I?'. There is a method now. There is a plan and there are actions.

It feels satisfying to be in such a situation right now.

A great saying by a great man, that has given me a lot to think about -

"If you are going through hell, keep going

- Sir Winston Churchill".

3 comments:

  1. The Churchill quote really makes you feel that there are worse things in life than what you are currently going through. Isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Aamir...it means that if u feel u r in a difficult situation face it...instead of running away or being fearful!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete