Friday, July 8, 2011

The Child Inside Me

As I watched on to the soccer field today evening, with a cup of coffee in my hand, the rain pouring and the kids going crazy playing soccer or perhaps, I should say football, all I wanted to do was run out on to the field to play football with those kids in the rain and get drenched completely. I wanted to get soaked through to my bones.

I wanted to get the mud all over me, I wanted to fall and scratch and bruise myself and yet continue playing.I wanted to pant till I was completely out of breath and my sides ached till I could walk no more; and yet I wanted to keep running on. I wanted to experience the thrill of not caring about anything else except for that goal. I just wanted to feel alive. I was invigorated. I wanted to be a kid.

Those kids playing football reminded me of myself when I was a kid and used to play for hours and hours. Nothing seemed to bother me. Not the tiredness, not the bruises; nothing! I only used to play football during the monsoons and I wasn't even good at it but it was fun all the same.  The rest of the year was spent playing other sports and games which involved a lot of running around or cycling. It was fun.

Today was just one of those days that made me want to go crazy in the rain. If nothing else, I would have just ran in the rain and rolled in the mud and walked about with my arms stretched out looking up into the heavens and soaking in the rain. I wish I could have it done that day.

If you see me running around in the rain and rolling in the mud, don't worry, I have not turned into a pig! I am just really happy!!!





1 comment:

  1. I know the underlying meaning my friend. Through that past happiness, you were pondering about the present 'state'; if I may say so.
    I'm in the same boat too. :)

    ReplyDelete